Provides technical leadership to team members and leads medium size projects through all phases of system development including: planning, development, implementation and operation. Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and support of an enterprise level data warehouse and various applications directly using the data warehouse. Responsible to gather requirements, design, model, develop, test, document, train and support data warehouse and business intelligence programs. Also responsible for production support and maintenance of the data warehouse, and works with the team on system performance optimization and interoperability issues.
- Major Skill set in SQP, SSIS, PL/SQL, BOBJ, Minor Skillet in Oracle forms/reports
- Analyzes complex business application information needs and/or clinical activities and formulates practical requirements for improvements whether automated or manual. This may include software recommendation, process improvements, system design enhancements, training and support.
- Proactively evaluates the effectiveness of programs and systems to effectively propose new development options.
- Translates user requirements into conceptual design specifications and reviews with the user to insure accuracy.
- Leads medium size projects through all phases of system development including: planning, development, implementation and operation.
- Develops and documents the project specifications including scope, direction and resource requirements.
- Keeps users and management appraised of project status and design decisions as required.
- Writes new computer programs to conform to analyst and user specifications and revises existing computer programs to conform to new requirements and computer configurations and meets time frames.
- Functions within department and technical standards for programming, systems design and analysis.
- Performs comprehensive testing to ensure error-free production software.
- Creates stored procedures for data scrubbing and data loading.
- Codes, tests, and implements complex programs.
- Develops appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards. Codes extract and summarization routines.
- Creates optimized data structures or Data Marts to support complex data analysis.
- Designs and implements automated warehouse processes and report and batch processing programs.
- Supports standards, guidelines, and methods through use of data definitions, diagrams and data modeling tools and techniques.
- Supports and troubleshoots production systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving production problems, and providing timely follow up on problem reports.
- Analyzes technical problems relating to applications, hardware, software, and operating system failures and takes corrective action to minimize current and future impact on the user community.
- Builds new applications interfacing with other systems and/or users incorporating industry trend development strategies and technologies having user-friendly designs using Oracle application and warehouse tools and/or Microsoft Office client server application development tools.
- Provides assistance in new systems development, new package system evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems.
- Assists with the support of various 3rd party vendor applications ranging from vendor liaison, system administration, data interfaces, and supplemental application development.