Within the framework and objectives and policies established by the Campus Administrator, Food Services Director, and the Food Services Supervisor. Prepare meals according to menu with standardized recipes. Perform a variety of tasks and duties as assigned in relation to dining services. Prepare food for special functions as they relate to resident, guests and other members of administration. Clean and maintains all areas of the kitchen and storage areas. May estimate food requirements and requisition food and/or supplies.
- Prepare food according to recipes, portions for serving and puts food on plates for dining room service.
- Plan utilization of leftovers and monitor inventory minimizing waste.
- Store perishable foods in prescribed manner.
- May supervise serving of meals.
- Assist with receiving and storage of all deliveries.
- Demonstrate safe food handling techniques using appropriate utensils and gloves when necessary.
- Monitor schedule to ensure adequate staffing.
- Advise supervisor of production, equipment, staffing, inventory and other situations or concerns as they arise.
- May assist staff with dining service to include:
- May be called in to work as a fill in for other cooks.
- May be called in to fill in the absence of the Food Services Supervisor.
- Acts as Dining Supervisor when necessary.
- Acknowledge, comprehend and support the residents and the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of both residents and staff.
- Comply with all required local, state and federal regulations
- All other duties as assigned
- Attend and participate in committee meetings, trainings, in services, community events as required